As a Certified and Licensed Athletic Trainer, my training allows me to:
- Evaluate the individual and develop a program to increase a person’s ability to withstand the rigors of his/her sport. This decreases the chance and severity of injuries should one would occur.
- Provide treatment and/or guidance in treatment after an injury
- Design and implement a rehabilitation program to regain function after an injury.
The rehab program will assist the athlete in safely returning to his/her sport at the same level of function and participation before the injury.
This would include:
- Core strengthening
- Specific exercises for the injured body part
- Weight training
- Aerobic/anaerobic training
- Sports specific exercises
- Teaching patients about the care of their injuries
Part of the evaluation process may include assisting the individual in connecting with the proper physician to diagnose a specific injury. In over 30 years of providing medical care, I have developed a working relationship with fellowship-trained sports medicine doctors around the country.
If you are interested in advanced testing in areas such as aerobic fitness, nutrition, etc., feel free to ask! I have colleagues in these and other specialties who can assist you in increasing your functional abilities or training for specific sports.
My main goal of SWIC is to use my 30+ years of experience to provide any individual with sound information on the conditioning and prevention of injury, care, and rehabilitation of any physical injury so they may return to their respective sport at the level of function seen before the injury might have occurred.
Please feel free to Contact Us if you would like more information about our services.